Home Forums Development discussions Questions

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Mury
    Participant

AHH this collision thing is taking ages to finish.Also the OOP of SDK is just sick.Needs to be rewrited!

Sponk
    Keymaster

The Lua SDK is pretty new and experimental. Do with it what you want, it just needs to work properly and it needs to have documentation.

Btw: I included LuaUnit for unit testing. You should use it.

I think I will have more time this weekend to do some clean up in the editor. It is pretty messy and really needs some work.

Mury
    Participant

Yeah,the hole engine needs a lot of work/time.But we`ll make it

Mury
    Participant

WE GOT COLLISION DETECTION ! FUCK YEAH !

COLLISION DETECTION FOR BOX VS CIRCLE VS LINE , CIRCLE VS CIRCLE VS LINE VS BOX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <33

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Mury.
    Mury
    Participant

+ Velocity,Damping.I just need to integrate everything in a nicer way.What do you think?Also if you like the collision solution I need a promovation :))

Sponk
    Keymaster

Yes, there are many things to do on all ends. Starting with refactoring the main engine, cleaning up the editor code, writing documentation and improving the build system.

The biggest pain will probably be getting the engine more multithreading friendly. There are already primitives for multithreading and thread communications but I don’t think they are ready and complete enough to provide a completely multithreaded engine.

The renderer needs some work and optimizations, maybe we should even create a completely new one from scratch to deliver deferred shading.

Another big pile of work is Android support as well as Emscripten support.

Mury
    Participant

Before multithreading we need to make the 2D functional and by that I mean adding tile maps,particles and all that and the most important making a way of seeing the sprites without starting the game.Like unity does or godot.
    Also what do you mean by ,,Another big pile of work is Android support as well as Emscripten support.,,?? Currently Neo does not support android?

Mury
    Participant

I`ve pulled on Github everything new related to 2D.Hope you enjoy it !

Sponk
    Keymaster

Thanks for your contribution!

Neo actually has initial support for Android, i.e. it compiles and runs. It still needs much more testing and fixing since everything I could do happened in an emulator. It is not production ready in any way.

The Emscripten port was started before 0.4 and was put to sleep because of time constraints on my side.

Btw: I added a contributors file to the repo and the about page: http://www.neo-engine.de/about/

Mury
    Participant

Okay,so how about we set a TODO list for all the things that needs to be done in engine both for 2D and 3D?

Mury
    Participant

Maybe we can talk more about this kind of things on skype?Mines is vladmihail1997

Akira_San
    Participant

The renderer needs some work and optimizations, maybe we should even create a completely new one from scratch to deliver deferred shading.

Another big pile of work is Android support as well as Emscripten support.

When it comes to the renderer, how about the BGfx render lib -> https://github.com/bkaradzic/bgfx
    Here some notes from the author what the render lib supports link-> http://www.godotengine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=43&start=10#p352

Mury
    Participant

The thing is,will it work okay on phones?

Mury
    Participant

I just found something bad,very bad.
    int setWidgetPosition()
    {
    MScriptContext* script = NeoEngine::getInstance()->getScriptContext();

//There is an error,specificate IT in console,cuz that`s why we got it!
    if(script->getArgsNumber() != 2)
    return 0;

Widget* w = GuiSystem::getInstance()->getWidget(script->getInteger(0));

MVector2 vec;
    script->getFloatArray(1, vec, 2);
    w->setPosition(vec);

return 1;
    }

Akira_San
    Participant

“The thing is,will it work okay on phones?”

I dont know, but it does support android and Emscripten.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.