Home Forums Development discussions Questions

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Akira_San
    Participant

You could use this model too for the map. πŸ™‚ Its very nice! http://opengameart.org/content/female-character

Akira_San
    Participant

How to properly export a model with reflect texture? For example a model from the dead project like the floor panel, with 2 or 3 materials for some nice metal effect.

Sponk
    Keymaster

Those materials need a custom GLSL shader since the basic default one does not support reflections.

A small tutorial on this topic: http://antongerdelan.net/opengl/cubemaps.html
    This will also be helpful for water surfaces etc.

Maybe we can create a shader pack for distribution in our “Asset Store” (btw: We need a name for it :p)

I wrote a very simple per-vertex shader that does this using a sphere map.
    Maybe I will create a “NeoShaders” git repository on GitHub to distribute all sorts of GLSL experiments I’m doing.

Fragment/Vertex shader:
    https://gist.github.com/Sponk/bd209066ef50527c8521
    https://gist.github.com/Sponk/8f87a7a8b4a8d9d4498c

Akira_San
    Participant

Thx will try the shader. Good idea to have an Asset Store. Everyone calls it a β€œAsset Store”. πŸ™‚

Sponk
    Keymaster

I don’t want to clone what Unity does. I don’t want to distribute assets for cash but deliver high quality, Neo ready assets with a CC license for easy usage. That way we can get the ecosystem growing more easily because you don’t have any financial risk to deal with, even if it’s only in the range of a few euros.

About the naming:
    Maybe we can call it “NeoStore” :p

Akira_San
    Participant

“NeoStore”, not bad! Good point, i like it. Do you think, that a thread on the blender forum could bring users to test NeoEditor?

Sponk
    Keymaster

I think it would help but we should wait some more time before showing it off to the Blender community. The current version simply is not ready for a big audience yet.

I think we should do a “0.4.1” release containing mostly bug-fixes and polishing. There are many problems with the UI layout for example. Some scroll-bars don’t appear as they should, translations are incomplete etc. etc. which could be fixed till then.

These things are no new features but important improvements for showing off Neo.

Akira_San
    Participant

I see.

Sponk
    Keymaster

If you spot any glitches please tell me about them so they can be fixed.

Akira_San
    Participant

The terminal game gives error, link http://forum.maratis3d.com/viewtopic.php?id=775 but it could be cos of the sound. Does play in editor have any shortcut to exit it, cos i had to log off the system? The mouse cursor got stuck at the center of the screen and could not touch a thing, when “play in editor” mode πŸ˜‰ Loading a couple of projects one by one and trying to play them will only play the first one, but play in editor works.
    And some feature request: How about a painting tools, while duplicating trees, grass, rocks (ctr + d), the process was slow, what do you think? Idea from here -> Asset Sketcher – Blender Addon

Sponk
    Keymaster

You can start and stop the game by pressing F6 in the editor. I need to find a way to tell the user to do that.

I already wrote something very similar for a game in Lua. Should be fairly easy to turn it into an editor plugin.

Sponk
    Keymaster

Ok, I tested the terminal thing. Well, I think it’s done very poorly. Multiple _major_ mistakes in handling the Lua API, many assets are missing etc.

It tries to use “getObject” for non-existant objects every frame for example. That leads to crashes since every error message will be saved in RAM and a log file. If you let this run a while it will simply run out of memory.

I don’t think that your problem is about the Neo Engine but about the “game” (if you want to call it a game) πŸ˜‰

Akira_San
    Participant

Great! Oh, ya the f6 key, thx! Would be nice if that could be a plugin for 0.5. πŸ™‚ “I need to find a way to tell the user to do that.” How about a status bar in the bottom or a box with info when you hover the mouse on top of the button.
    So the terminal is an unfinished demo example.

Akira_San
    Participant

Need some help with my game character, if you have some free time. I cant seam to work out the physics. Cant make the character to walk on the ground and the animation are not working as expected.
    game link

Sponk
    Keymaster

I tried it and noticed that many textures are missing. You should bundle them in your maps directory so they are available when you distribute or publish your game. But that’s only a side note.

There are no problems with the physics for me? The player moves as he (presumably) should, all boxes fall down and collide nicely.

You need to set the animation speed in your Lua script using “setAnimationSpeed(object, speed)”. Try some values and stick with the ones you are comfortable with. You alternatively could change the frame rate in Blender to be slower.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.