Home Forums Development discussions Questions

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Akira_San
    Participant

Got it, its just some features from a user perspective. 🙂 Yeah they break the api quite a lot! One more feature, that could be added is the support of different actions, rather having just one. Btw, the WaterGameDemo Water demo (fish AI) crashes on open.

Sponk
    Keymaster

You have to compile the plugin with the Neo SDK header files 😀
    Then everything works (I tried it :p)

Akira_San
    Participant

Some issues:
    When creating and then loading a prefab, the loaded prefab is empty, no object loaded and also the location of the pivot is off. Was that fixed in the latest dev git, i dont remember.
    In the object panel, you can see that when moving some object, there are only integers, so you cant type: x – 1.5.

Akira_San
    Participant

My Demo have a shaky camera, can you take a look Hit_the_Boxes The demo is using the SponzaMouse.lua and camera setup, but when i move the cam view shakes. Ive also played a little with some doom 3 models, just for fun.
    http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=77459

Akira_San
    Participant

New link, had to delete the old one, cos forgot to remove the doom filesHit_the_Boxes

Sponk
    Keymaster

The problem in your Hit the Boxes game is not an engine issue but an issue in your game.
    Simply set the collision shape to sphere or capsule and change the angular factor to 0.

Then everything should work without any shaking.

About your prefab issues: Can you please send me an example file that does not work?

I just fixed the position input issue. The input field was set to integer instead of float.
    You will be able to grab it in one of the next daily builds.

Btw: Your game looks quite nice 😀

Akira_San
    Participant

Thx, that works. 🙂
    Now when using the latest daily build, the prefab dont seam to work. When selected 4 boxes and saved them as a prefab and then try to load, the load prefab dont show up on the screen and also no file saved in the prefab dir.
    When “play in editor” the keyboard dont work.
    The game will be a simple hit the boxes with a ball for Webgl demo.
    What are the Neo view units compared to blender?

Sponk
    Keymaster

Your question about the units: http://www.neo-engine.de/wordpress/?page_id=47 :p

The play in editor feature is very, _very_ experimental. Currently only A-Z and the mouse work in-game. Setting the cursor position etc. is not implemented yet. I need to replace the whole SDL keyboard/mouse input system and need to integrate SDL for joystick/gamepad support. What works is the starting and stopping of the game. That was quite a chunk of work and I think that it is quite stable by now.

Btw: Did you experience and problems with the MingW version (crashes, missing dlls, sound issues etc.)? If not I will cross-compile for Windows from now on.

I will look into why the prefab plugin broke tomorrow.

Thanks for testing!

Akira_San
    Participant

Some new things:
    Physics collisions dont work if objects are in a group. Add some boxes to a group from the demo and try to collide with them. Youll walk through them.
    When you try to rotate an object with MMB (double click to center around it) and the object is grouped or parented the rotate is off the center.
    The update on the right panel is slow, when you add an object or rename the name.
    No crashes so far.

Sponk
    Keymaster

Ok, I will look into those problems.

I uploaded a new version with an improved crash dialog which allows you to send a crash report.
    It would be nice if you tried this one 😀

Akira_San
    Participant

No crashes. Loading a particle prefab works. The camera changes color now. 🙂 The post effects need some test file to load. Post effects -> add uniform -> cancel dont work.
    So one Meter will be blender box scaled to 5? Just like the snow prefab box.

Edit: the box prefab opens empty cos the path is wrong. I changed the path to “meshs/Crate2.mesh”, and that worked. Now its appears that the prefab is dependent of the mesh in the meshs dir.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Akira_San.
    Akira_San
    Participant

Ok, So the licence is CC0, so its free to use and you dont need to credit the author if you want. I think, this is a nice level http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=78372
    in level > enviro_super_test.blend and with a combination of of the character, that can walk and shoot could be interesting little demo. There are even some monsters as you can play in the demo, shooting them.

Sponk
    Keymaster

First of all: Thank you for testing!

Yes, every prefab is dependant on the mesh files and textures it uses. Currently you have to manually pack them together to distribute them. An option to automatically pack all dependencies into one archive could be an option for future development.

Btw: Please retest your path issues. I think I fixed it but was not able to test it.

The scaling is as follows: A cube with a length of 1m in Blender will have a length of 10 Units in Neo. That is 10 times as big 😀

The cancel button is fixed now.

Thanks for that screenshot :p
    Where can I download this project?

Akira_San
    Participant

Its the 3rd person blender sci-fi pack (deadproject) http://opengameart.org/content/3rd-person-blender-sci-fi-pack

Sponk
    Keymaster

Thanks 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.