Home Forums Game projects FPS with MOBA like mechanics.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Azure Falcon
    Participant

Hello all! I’m here posting about a project that I intend to pursue as both a portfolio piece and a learning/practice experience. The premise is simple, you are a mercenary for hire that has found him/herself shanghaied into a competitive modern gladiatorial arena in which your end game goal is to destroy the enemy base. Both teams (maybe three total for disgusting long games >:3) start out at either end of a map and head towards neutral soon to be captured points on the map that grant buffs, new spawn points, and act as shops for upgrades while out on the field. Weapons, character armor, and other misc items will be randomly generated. (Think Borderlands – meets Halo – meets LoL/DoTA) — End synopsis.

So tha6t’s basically my sales pitch, feedback is worshiped. :3

have a good day!!!! – Dz

Sponk
    Keymaster

Hey Azure Falcon!

Your concept sounds quite interesting. I’m personally not a huge MOBA or FPS player but I can see where you are going.

You might go for a not so standard gun play that allows fast movement with mostly single-shot weapons, I’m thinking about something like Quake here. The problem with the traditional CoD style game play is in my opinion automatic health regeneration and the huge number of automatic weapons. But that’s just my opinion 🙂

Btw: I’m working on a small paper that discusses common tasks and how to solve them with Neo. It might help you to get into the engine for that project. A first version will be uploaded this weekend when I have some time to clean it up a little.

Have a nice day!

Sponk
    Keymaster
    Azure Falcon
    Participant

Thanks for posting that link and seeming interested in the project,I would have replied earlier. But my desktop died :C

Sponk
    Keymaster

I hope it is nothing serious with your PC.

Btw: You can submit topics for further explanation in my paper: http://www.neo-engine.de/forums/topic/wishlist-for-the-neo-cookbook/

Azure Falcon
    Participant

Mobo or CPU is dead :C I’ll have a look at that link.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.